Saturday, July 10, 2010

PIZZA, PIZZA...A HEALTHY CHOICE




The other night for dinner we decided to make pizza. It is so simple. It is so good. And it is so tasty.


First of all, I started out with a Boblio original pizza crust. I spread a fair amount of Classico De Genova - traditional basil pesto sauce & spread on the pizza crust. The next layer is a large vadailla onion sliced thinly and caramelized. While the onion was caramelizing, I seasoned it with salt, pepper, and cayenne. Next up was a thinly sliced large tomato. This layer was seasoned with salt and pepper and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese on the tomatoes gave it a nice flavor. On top of the tomatoes are the red, yellow, and orange bell peppers. They are sliced thinly and sautéed in olive oil and seasoned with what else...salt, pepper, and cayenne. I arranged them on top of the tomatoes in alternating colors. A pizza isn't a pizza without mushrooms. I used the white button mushrooms sliced about 1/8 of an inch thick. I sautéed them in a little olive oil and a hot skillet. I like to have the mushrooms with a deep brown color. On top they went with a little shredded cheese.

I baked the pizza in a 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes. It was delicious and healthy.

4 comments:

  1. Tonight we're having Lime Sauteed Sea Scallops over sauteed spinach. It's good but this looks better.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please post a picture. Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have convinced me. I need to make a pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As Bob says, "Feed me pizza all the time, no salad, no salad". This is one way to get him to eat his veggies.

    ReplyDelete