Wednesday, November 18, 2009

ANOTHER ITEM OFF THE LIST!

Sam's comments...14 days and counting!



Yesterday morning we got up and going because we both had our annual physicals with the doctor. The doctor's office called me the night before and asked if I could come in at 10:00 a.m., with my husband instead of my 9:00 a.m., scheduled appointment. It wasn't an issue so I said, "certainly". When the doctor came in, he apologized about changing my appointment and gave me a $10 gift card to a local store. WOW...he certainly exceeded my expectations.  We both had good check-ups...good to go for another year!




While I was getting ready yesterday morning, I saw our pesky squirrel in an ornamental pear tree. We have seen him for several days and several years.  Each day he makes his way up in the tree, finds his spot and munches away. If it weren't for the leaves on the ground, you could see his entire pile of pits. I can't believe how much he eats. He can spend a couple hours a day at any given time in that tree.  Whenever I try and get a picture, he stops eating and stares.

This past Saturday morning, I woke up with a dry throat and a small cough. It didn't improve on Sunday. On Monday, I layed low most of the day. I got a fairly good night sleep Monday night. Yesterday morning wasn't too bad. It wasn't until later in the day that I had more coughing and a severe tickle in my throat. Being around a smoker and packing up years of stuff with many layers of dust hasn't helped it.  The doctor said since I didn't have a fever, he was concerned...just drink plenty of fluids and get lots of rest.  I wonder if wine counts as fluids?

1 comment: