Monday, November 1, 2010

BEAUTIFUL GERANIUMS


The other day I decided to take one last picture of my geraniums.  The sun was shining and they were absolutely stunning.  The geraniums looked better than they did all summer.  I really have not cared for them for the past 45-60 days or so.  All summer, I fertilized them weekly and watered them daily.  It's amazing how many buds/flowers were still on each plant.

Well, last night we had a heavy frost and we pulled the plants today as we were doing more fall clean-up.  We were commenting how long the geranium plants last in San Miguel de Allende versus the very short season here in Michigan.  Once again, proving a lower cost of living in Mexico.

1 comment:

  1. So pretty! I always find it a little sad to do the Fall clean-up, Summer goes by too fast, and the flowers don't last long enough. I'm glad you will get to enjoy them a little longer when you get to San Miguel de Allende. I look forward to a lot of pictures over the Winter :-)

    ReplyDelete