Thursday, November 11, 2010

WHITEY IS BACK!!!!


As many of you know, our ducks are our babies.  We feed them all Spring, Summer, and Fall until they or we leave for the winter.  A few years ago at the end of the season, we were honored by a white duck.  We named this duck, Whitey.  He or she looks just like a barnyard animal. 

Each season Whitey pays us a visit.  Just about a week ago, I mentioned to Bob that we had not seen Whitey all season.  This afternoon, we were in the kitchen.  I had just finished making the batter for chocolate molten cakes and Bob was enjoying the chocolate off the spoon.  He looked out the window and said he saw Whitey.  I immediately opened the door and started calling for my ducks.  All of a sudden all of these ducks started coming towards the patio.  However, I didn't see Whitey.  As more and more ducks came up, sure enough so did Whitey.  All in all there were about 70 ducks.  It was hard to count them because they move so quickly.


It was indeed a great day!!

4 comments:

  1. I love this :-) So many ducks! It's awesome that they have found such a good home and such good caretakers ....Whitey wasn't about to let you get away to Mexico without stopping by for a visit before you leave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could have some chocolate molten cakes!!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda...next time you are home I'll make them for you. We should of had them earlier this month. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, are u guys going to MX this winter?
    I'm not. In fact, may not go back for a year or so.
    BTW, think the white duck is an omen of some kind? You never know.

    ReplyDelete