Monday, September 28, 2009

COLD DAY TURNED WARM

Sam's comments...65 days and counting!

Well, today is a very dreary day and a sad day.   First of all, I broke out my blue jeans and put them on this morning with a sweatshirt.  This is the first time in many many months that I have put on long pants...yuck!  The other thing...I was drinking my coffee, reading the paper online, and doing some miscellaneous things in my office, and I was chilly to the bone.  Bob looked at me and agreed it was cold in the house.  So...the sad thing...we put on our furnace.  Do you believe it...it isn't even October.

Bob left and went to help at his mom's house.  The house went on the market last Friday.  However, there is so much that still needs to be done.  Forty years worth of "stuff".  It's hard to do all of this because his mom is still living.  And of course, there are six siblings and no one agrees on anything!  Anyway...after Bob left I went to our lower level to do some ironing.  After about 15 minutes, that iron certainly warmed me right up...I certainly won't tell Bob.  He'll just tell me that it is part of my change of life...blah, blah, blah.

So, a cool, rainy, chilly fall day deserves a nice oven roasted chicken, roasted oven vegetables, mashed potatoes, and a nice glass of wine.  This will indeed perk up any sad day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment