Thursday, September 24, 2009

INTRODUCTION

This is our first post to our blog.  Just a few months ago, we couldn't even begin to tell you about blogs. 

My husband (Bob) and I (Sam) will probably both be writing and sharing thoughts on this blog.  We have been married for over 27 years and have no children.  We are best friends and share a lot together. 

In 2006 Sam retired after working for a Regional Bank for 26 1/2 years as a regional sales manager.  She was 48 when she retired.  Sam was very involved in the community and served on many non-profit boards.  Definitely a Type A personality.  While Sam was retired, Bob was still working from home with his forensic accounting business.  In the fall of 2006, Bob stopped accepting new clients. 

In January 2008, we took the plunge and left the Michigan winter behind.  We headed for nicer weather.  We spent three months (sight unseen) and lived in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico.  San Miguel is in the center of Mexico, 6400 feet up in the mountains, and is a great town.

I (Sam) have been following a few blogs and find them very interesting.  The inspiration for writing this blog came from a friend we met in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico.  Her name is Billie and she is one of the most interesting people I have ever met.  Thanks Billie...we hope our blog is one tenth as successful as yours.

More later...

3 comments:

  1. Sam:

    I can't wait to follow your blog! Your pretty and smart too! You have a handsome husband.

    Good luck,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good start. I'm "following" you and look forward to your new blogging adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Sam and bob - You will so enjoy this world of blogging. I started out just writing for friends and family. The blog has introduced me to people I would never have met, places I would never have seen and just generally enriched my life tremendously.
    Enjoy your blogging AND your life in San Miguel.
    Maybe our paths will cross some day. Come on over and read my blog..
    BABS

    ReplyDelete