Tuesday, September 29, 2009

SLOW COOKER AND COMET WERE MY BEST FRIENDS TODAY

Sam's comments...64 days and counting!

I mentioned before that Bob's family is in the process of selling mom's home. The house is/was full of stuff from over 40 years of accumulation. The past week or so, the family has been sorting through things and creating a "garage sale" pile. Of course, every item must be examined. Things that haven't been used in years (no one even new they existed) somehow have become very important...go figure. So, all this "stuff" was boxed and trucked over to his sister's home. Her daughter and friends were going to have the garage sale. Well...that was the plan. A week later, all the stuff came back. Now the garage sale was going to be at his mom's house. How many times, can this "stuff" be touched without anything happening to it? I certainly call this mis-management. Now the weather is changing...for the worse...rain and cooler days.

The other day they had their first showing. The house was a disaster!! No way would I ever let anyone look at this mess. Remember all of the garage sale items? That's right, they took up the family room, living room and master bedroom. Anyway, the feedback from the couple and realtor was..."THE HOUSE WAS A MESS". That's all it took because yesterday, Bob took truck loads of the garage sale stuff and delivered it to Salvation Army. Hurray...we can now see the floors!!

So, I am sure you are wondering why my slow cooker and comet were my best friends today. Well, I went with Bob to do some cleaning. Before I left our home, I put some country pork ribs in the slow cooker with a chipotle BBQ sauce. While I was cleaning today, my favorite cleaner was comet. In the past, the only comet I new was a reindeer.

I was certainly happy to walk in our home tonight after 7 hours of cleaning to smell my dinner. I finished our dinner off with some boiled cabbage that I sauteed with butter, onions, and caraway seeds. I also sauteed some granny smith apples with butter, brown sugar, lemon juice and a little lemmon zest. Of course, a glass or two of wine.

Thanks for letting me vent.

No comments:

Post a Comment