Wednesday, September 30, 2009

FLU SHOTS...YES, NO, YES, NO???

Sam's comments...63 days and counting!

I have been doing a lot of research on flu shots. Both the regular flu shot and the H1N1 flu shot. We are both in excellent health, in our early 50's, and have never received a flu shot in the past. I have been hearing and reading various opinions. Beginning in December, we will be traveling in Mexico for about 5 months.  My opinion is to get them both.  However, I am afraid of having a reaction...worse yet...I don't want to get ill from getting the shots.  I have heard stories that the first year some people are sick more often.  I never get sick.  I worked for 26 1/2 years and never had a sick day!  Amazing.

What do you think?

Thanks to socialmarketing.blogs.com

2 comments:

  1. We never got flu shots until we were past 65. They say that people in our age group have some protection from the H1N1 flu, but because of Ned's situation, we'll follow the recommendations of our docs. I guess this doesn't help you very much with your decision. LOL
    BTW, you can get your flu shot here if you want to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another BTW, they have never made us sick. Not even a sore arm.

    ReplyDelete