Friday, October 16, 2009

"THE ACCIDENTAL MUMMIES OF GUANAJUATO"

Sam's comments...47 days and counting!







What a great opportunity for Michigan!  The Detroit Science Center is hosting "The Accidental Mummies of Guanajuato".  It is a scientific, medical, and cultural look at 36 Mexicans buried between about 1850 and 1950 whose bodies were unintentionally mumified in cement crypts.

This opening began on October 10, 2009, and will run until April 11, 2010.  Then it will tour the U.S. for three years.  This is the first visit abroad.  Bob and I first heard about this tour in the paper on September 30, 2009.  We immediately marked our calendars and stated this was something we would like to see.  Yesterday morning, I received an email from the Detroit News indicating if I was one of the first 200 respondents, I could qualify for some "Free Stuff".  One of the items was two free tickets to the showing of the Accidental Mummies.  I immediately responded with this item checked as my preference.  They ask for your top three choices; however, I only responded with one.  Last night, I received an email back saying I got the free tickets.  I should have them in my hand by the end of October.  We are really excited about attending this event.

For further information, please visit accidentalmummies.com


No comments:

Post a Comment