Wednesday, October 14, 2009

FEELING THE BLUES

Sam's comments...49 days and counting!



Today, I am felling the blues.  This is not me.  Those who know me know I am a very positive and upbeat person.  However, the weather the past several days has been down right cold and overcast.  In my book, October in Michigan should be beautiful.  Yesterday, we took a walk and I had on my winter jacket, scarf, gloves, and ear muffs.  One of these days when it is sunny, I will share with you a beautiful fall day in Michigan with gorgeous fall colors.

Last evening I had dinner with a friend that I haven't seen in almost two years.  We have kept in touch via email.  In December 2007, her husband had a severe stroke.  Her life is taking care of Don.  His speech is very limited (almost non-existent), he uses a walker (very limited), and goes to therapy five days a week.  In addition to taking care of Don, her daughter and son-in-law were in a terrible accident earlier this year.  Her son-in-law was killed.  Her daughter has had numerous operations and is living in a rehab facility.  I don't know how my friend has managed to handle all of this.  She has so much strength.

I'm also longing for Mexico.  I read the various blogs from Mexico every day and it makes me want to be there.  I can picture everything that is being described.  One of these days, we will take the plunge.  I count my blessings every day for the life I have with Bob.  We are very lucky, and I shouldn't be feeling these blues.  Here is a nice sunny hug from my heart!


No comments:

Post a Comment