Saturday, October 3, 2009

THE GREAT DIVIDE

Sam's comments...60 days and counting!


Well...this morning was very interesting.  Bob and I were getting dressed for what I thought was a normal Saturday morning.  We were going to have our coffee, read the paper on the Internet, have breakfast and confront today's activities.  As we were finishing, I saw Bob with this University of Michigan sweatshirt on (I can't believe it is cold enough for this type of clothing) and I had on green and white.  One would say that my green and white was for Michigan State.  However, my green and white was actually for Eastern Michigan University (EMU).  The is "our" alma mater and today was homecoming.  Last night I did get together with some of my Alpha Gamma Delta sorority sisters for dinner and drinks in Ann Arbor.

I decided to let Bob believe that my "green and white" was for Michigan State.  If you know anything about college football, today was the annual match up with U of M and State.  It is known as the "Great Divide" in Michigan.  It divides many couples, households, families, etc.  It is a big college football day in Michigan.  Even if one doesn't follow football.

If any of you know Bob, he hates to loose.  And guess what??  Michigan State beat Michigan 26-20 in overtime.  I didn't rub it in.  I didn't say a word...because...EMU fell to Temple 24-12.

Oh yeah by the way...we did get our flu shots today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment